The other night we had some of our good friends from the international ward over for dinner and they were asking us what foods we missed most from the states. Then the next day, we found all of this on our porch. They had gone to the base and gotten us all we missed and more. It was so kind, I just stood in the doorway and smile, I couldn't believe it. It made my day.
So this weekend we went to Salzburg (again) for a stake conference. We drove down on Friday afternoon so we could have time Saturday to look around and relax. So we were driving downtown and drove past the house where part of the Sound of Music was filmed. I know I posted a picture of it before, but that was actually the wrong one. But yes, this is supposedly the house that was filmed as the outside of the house in the movie and the lake that was filmed. Sister Kohler was in seventh heaven.
Then we decided to go up to the Burg or fortress castle thing that Salzburg is famous for, so we saw some exhibits and things there and I just thought this man's mustache was picture worthy.
Enjoying some sights, with a bleary eyed Tanner and the sun in our faces.
This was in the "torture room" of the Burg where the torture devices were kept and this is a dungeon that was actually used...kind of disturbing to think about...
There were A LOT of stairs. (even more than our house :) )
We finally got to the top and over looked the city. It was sooo beautiful.
A very windy selfie with President
Me: "Oh wait! We have to take it again, my hair was in my face."
*we take the picture again*
Dad: "I think that time your hair was in MY face."
It's an ongoing issue when you have a jungle for hair.
We stopped at a souvenir shop and stretched a "penny" just for kicks and giggles.
This was a cool bridge going over the river.
My favorite part is the locks. I love looking at them all and reading the names engraved and the dates and all the different kinds. It makes you wonder about all the people behind all of those locks and if all those relationships or marriages all worked out. The funnies ones are the combination locks, I guess it's so you can come back and take it off if it didn't last.
We stopped in a kids store and I just thought this was amusing. It's "The Game of LIFE" in German.
I just love this kid. Enough said.
That night we had dinner at the hotel and for some reason I was just craving fruit so they kindly put together this awesome fruit platter for me. :)
Waking up in a hotel in Salzburg, Austria with the sun shining in and the birds chirping. Doesn't get much better than that.
Then we set off to go to the Salzburg stake conference. It was held in a hotel and this is where we had the meeting. I took this picture because in the meeting, this whole place was filled up, but because my parents are such popular social butterflies...
We were literally one of the last ones to leave.
It was a good weekend and when we got back and walked into the house, it really felt like home. It was such a realization that we have been here so long, that this really is our home and I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment