Sunday, August 23, 2015

Good Luck Elder Kohler!

So this week we sent Tanner off to Provo for a few days before he will enter the MTC on Wednesday and begin his mission.  (See "No Shortage of Missionaries in Our Neck of the Woods")

So this is the beginning of the packing!
 Almost there!
 And here he is the morning of.  Luckily all of his suitcases were underweight and he looked ready to go!  He looks like a missionary!  Just give him a tag!
 So this is all three of our missionaries together!  Don't look at Tanner's tag too closely.  (It says Präsident)
 Saying goodbye at the airport was really tough.  We have seen a lot of missionaries come and go there, but never one of our own.  We were all having a hard time letting him go.
 This year Tanner has been a role model, a guinea pig, an older brother, a cheer leader, and my very best friend.  I know I always say this, but I don't know how I could have done it without him.  He has had a smile on this entire year and kept all of our spirits up.  He has never once complained and always looked for the good in everyone and everything.  He would help old ladies and walk down the streets picking up trash.  He would sit through endless zone conferences and training.  He would walk to school with me when I was mopey and joke around until I couldn't help but laugh.  He has had the best missionary training in the world I think and he will definitely be a ray of sunshine in Moldova.  Saying goodbye to him was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but I know he will be great.  We will always be praying for him and we invite any of you to do the same.  Love you Elder Kohler!

No comments:

Post a Comment