Sunday, May 29, 2016

We Get Around

So Tuesday of this week we had our final anima concert of the year.  We were kind of crazy getting all of our music together at the last moment, but somehow the concert seemed to work.  Anyway, our opening song, was the one that can be found at this link:
So we did the patty cake part, and a girl in the choir who graduated last year arranged it for us to sing.  It was really fun and a good start to the concert, I think.
 I got to sing the same solo I sang in Amsterdam, O Mio Babbino Caro, and that went well.  (sorry I don't have a video)
 This is a solo part in another song I had
 And...it was a success!!!  Sadly we have to say goodbye to 5 seniors this year, and this one is Jodie, one of my good friends in choir.  she will surely be missed.
 Tacie also did an amazing job with her first solo, and will be missed not only in choir, but in all aspects of my life when she moved back to the states this summer.
 And Margaux and I were looking at this picture compared to one from our very first choir concert next year and how we both look older.

 And the whole group

 This was a short week at school, so Thursday morning we headed down to a town close to St. Gallen to stay for a few nights.  We stopped to see this cool building designed by the same man who did the one we saw in Wien.

 When we got to the hotel the view was gorgeous, overlooking the Bodensee.  The Bodensee directly translates to...floor...lake, but is also known as Lake Konstanz.  It is kind of cool, because it borders the three main countries of our mission, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.  The lake is ginormous, and so very beautiful.
 When we got there the weather was nice so of course we went to a little beachy place and took a dip and sat in the sun.  And...of course I took artsy pictures in the car afterwards.

The next day, Friday, we decided to ride a boat on the lake, so we rode from Rorschach (where the hotel was) to Romanshorn.
 Here we are on the boat.  As you can see from my shirt, "I'm a sailor!  I sail!"  If you don't get that movie reference, shame on you.  (Hint: it's from "What About Bob?")
 Let me put it lightly...there is nothing to do in Romanshorn, and we were stuck there for a few hours.  This is how we felt.
 We just walked around, and the view was beautiful.  We finally found a nice park and just played giant chess.
 Both evenings we were there we had dinner at the hotel, and it was nice and, again, the views over the lake were stunning.  Hard to capture, to be honest.



 Saturday we decided to head over to Liechtenstein and check out the castle before the St. Gallen stake conference.  So..we did.  We could just go in the courtyard though, so it wasn't THAT exciting.  But it looked pretty!...
 From the tope we heard all this music and stuff, and we looked down and there was like this mini carnival going on!  Maybe you can spot the booths and stuff.  But it was so weird!
 So...of course we went down to check out the carnival.  This sign shows you how messed up the Swiss-German is, that obviously carries over into Liechtenstein.  I have no idea what that says.  And my German friend didn't either...
 And we got some Eis.
 And saw a pony!  It was so cute I just had to take a picture!  It was also weird that like right by this mini carnival thing there were like mountains and horses and stuff...
 And, last but not least, to finish off this post....me on a mountain/hill/field, I don't even know what.  It just looks cool.  I may be guilty of frolicking...
Turns out that on Saturday we drove through the four main countries of our mission.  So yeah, we get around.

No comments:

Post a Comment