Sunday, June 5, 2016

I'm Singin' and Dancin' in the Rain

One thing I love about Germany in springtime and this time of the year is the rain.  Lately it has rained so much.  And I love it.  It makes everything green and beautiful and the rolling thunder makes you feel safe and sound inside.  Well last Sunday after church we decided to go for a walk, and as you can see I couldn't be bothered to wear my flats anymore so I wore fuzzy socks and hi-tops, and I'm sure glad I did.
 By the time we had been walking for a while and were about ten minutes from home it started raining.  At first it just drizzled and there was lightning and thunder, but we were under a thick green canopy so we didn't get wet at all.  Eventually we stopped at a street corner to watch the upheaval of the sky and wait for it to stop, but inside I secretly didn't want it to stop at all.  I couldn't wipe the grin off my face.  See, I have always had this wish to just run out in the rain fully clothed and just soak it in.  Not even care.  Kinda like in any movie ever, especially "Singin' in the Rain"
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1b/95/0d/1b950df2bb3aef09071294d600b9e95c.jpg

So, I decided this was the day.  Check on more thing off of my impromptu bucket list. We had one umbrella between the three of us, so I said heck with that and I ran into the rain with my arms open and a stupid smile on my face.  (I know this sounds so cheesy.)  But it was like the best thing ever!  I danced and skipped all the way home, avoiding every tree I could.  And yes, I made Sister Kohler take pictures of me frolicking in the rain.  

I know this picture was already on my Instagram (btw: @erika.kohler) but that's ok :)
And that's the end of my story.  Well..it's not the end.  I had to get all cleaned up, but it was so worth it.  So, I guess the moral of this story is...whatever you want it to be.  It was supposed to have some amazing symbolic meaning, but I think I'm just gonna leave it because I'm not gonna preach to you about how to enjoy your life.  You're probably already better at it than me.  
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02867/singing_2867847b.jpg

Have a fantastic week <3


No comments:

Post a Comment