So last week I finished my personal project!!! I guess none of you really know what that is! It is basically this thing that all tenth graders in the MYP program have to do. They say, "pick something and do it." Very general. So basically you pick this project that is supposed to expand your knowledge and help you develop "approaches to learning skills" and become a more globally minded student and all that jazz. So yeah. The project includes a lot more than the project itself however, in fact they only really care about the "process" and "reflection." So we all had to keep these process journals and make research tables and write thirty-page reports and last, but not least, have the exhibition evening. So it's finally all over! Here are some pictures of my product.
The recording on Garageband
My sheet music I made
My chord charts
Equipment I used
And here we are at the exhibitions! Margaux, my good friend had a similar project, so for the parents evening we were together. Parents would come around and see all the students' projects. The next day the other students could come look at them all. So here we are presenting.
Killing time...
We were also both asked to perform live during the "opening ceremony" of the parents night so that was cool, but way nerve wracking.
And this is how we all felt after it was all over....very exhausted.
I just thought this picture was worth putting in here. We are doing cartooning in art and we are supposed to animate one of our friends, so Tacie is trying her best to make it easier for me I guess...
And this week was transfers! I know! Crazy! Anyway, Sister Berry was one of the sisters going home and it was sad to see her go because we've gotten to know each other really well and are good friends.
Then Friday after school we traveled to Stuttgart and stayed over night there. We ate at the foodcourt in the mall connected to the hotel and I got some really good Ramen. I mostly just took these to make Tosha jealous...
Then the next morning we got to go to the temple! The last time we went was in the summer so Tanner could go for the first time before his mission, so it was really nice to go again. And this time it was even in German!
Afterwards we got lunch at our favorite Döner shop in Bern, and spent the rest of the weekend going to sessions of stake conferences in Bern and Stuttgart. Mission life.
This week was also my Grandpa Clark's 80th birthday. Our family all got together for a party in Utah, and we got pictures and were very sad we couldn't be there. I love him though, and am thankful for his great example, and awesome hugs. We miss you Grandpa!
And...here his just a video of me playing my ukulele. Sorry I couldn't upload a video of the song I wrote, because the file was too large.

















No comments:
Post a Comment