Monday, July 21, 2014

Birthday Fun with the President's Son

So Sunday was Tanner's birthday and we made him a birthday breakfast before church.

After church we went and walked around at a cemetery that is close to where we live.  These were places where we think they put people who were cremated, but there are candles and flowers and sort of little shrines here for these people.
 This is like a little vending machine where you can buy candles
 All the graves have a little garden right in front of them where there are flowers and they all are really cared after and look really good.
 There were little racks with watering cans.  Not that you would need them, though.  It rains so much and everything is green.
 Case in point
 One knobby tree
 Many of the graves were intricate metal and it looked really cool.  They were painted black and gold and were very detailed.
 As I said, everything is very green.  The whole ground just had moss everywhere.
 The trees were very straight and they all have no branches on the bottom, but on top.  It looks kind of funny from the Freeway.  After the cemetery we went and walked by the river and it was so beautiful.
 


Then we crossed a bridge looking over the water and Tanner couldn't resist the urge...
 
Then that night the Office Elders and the Assistants and Zone Leaders came over for dessert

 They are all like my brothers and I love them all so much.  They are so funny, this morning they all showed up to the Staff Meeting in their lederhosen.
I hope Tanner had a good birthday.  I love him so much and don't know what I would do without him.  I will miss him so much when he leaves on his mission in a year from now (Crazy!) but I will have to enjoy him while I have him.  He will always be my real brother and my best friend.  I love you Tanner!

No comments:

Post a Comment