Thursday, July 17, 2014

Deutschland for the win!!!

This post is a few days late, but better late than never.  For anyone who doesn't know (which should be nobody) Germany won the world cup this year!!!  It was crazy here.  The final game between Argentina and Germany was on a Sunday night here.  Sadly we could not watch it because we do not have a working TV at the moment, but Tanner just found a page online with the score and refreshed it about every 30 seconds.  We may not have watched it, but why not get decked out anyway, right?

 It was a crazy game and went into overtime.  Eventually I went to bed and told Tanner to tell me when we scored.  (His room is just across the hall from me)  My windows were open and I was lying in my bed when all of a sudden it sounded like the whole city started screaming and fireworks started going off.  I yelled at Tanner and asked him if we had scored and he just said, "Can't you tell?"  It was very exciting.  Go Deutschland!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment